From:
WENDY HOCHMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:05:36 -0700
Almost 1000 miles with 2 GSDs 1 Skipperke 1 cat and six ferrets.  We
started out in Jacksonville, NC and arrived in MA the next morning.

I will admit that it was fun at the truck stop while my brother and son
were eating I would stay out near the pet area where I would set up the
play pen and put the fur babies in while I cleaned the carriers.  First
people would ask me about Jack my Schipperke.  They reconize him from
the movie "Two Brothers" and want to know what tyoe of dog he is.  Then
Towser.  Not many people it seems have seen a solid black GSD.  Then the
ferrets.  This gives me a chance to explain to people what they are.
The only bad part was after the first 300+ miles they did stink due to
the carriers.

When I arrived at my home in MA the first thing was to get every one
clean.  So after a quick dip in the water bucket and a fast soaping adn
rinse six wacky weasles were cleaned in about 10 minuets and jumping
around on the soft grass.

The weather is so mild right now that I have their cage set up outside
next to the house under the porch.  The fun part is that the bird feeders
are close by so they are getting a lot of mental stimulation from
everything around them.  I'll hopefully be starting on their outdoor
enclosure in a couple of weeks after I get my son situated in school.

Well thats all for now

Wendy from the New Location
Harmony House.