Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 07:28:49 -0400
>From:    Stephanie Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: mall pet store

Hi Everyone,
>... mall pet store when he is with me because he knows I will just get
>upset.  And he knows I will start "stage whispers" about the AWFUL
>conditions of the animals.  Every time, it makes me cry.

>... What are the resources?  What can I do?  I don't think I can get them
>to change by myself.  Any suggestions are greatly welcomed...I have no
>experience with this.

Stephanie,
Your voice CAN count and many voices can be even more effective.  But, if
it's hard for you to speak up, perhaps you could use your computer to
compose a general FAQ sheet about the care/keeping of ferrets and pass it
out to the store or to anyone who is admiring the ferrets.  And, of course,
don't support the store by buying anything from it!

Renee