From:
William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 1996 17:51:07 -0500
>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: short faces (resend)
This was a very good post.  There are breeders (including us) working on
this right now.  The AFA is probably going to enter into this, I may be
involved with their efforts.  Hopefully the rivalries between the
organizations won't prevent this.  We've been in touch with FURO about being
their registrar but they didn't seem interested.  If they go under hopefully
they won't take their registry with them like the old IFA.  Currently none
of the registries do much with medical information (which matches the AKC
policy unfortunately) but the one we're working on will track what ever
information is supplied.  Hopefully most breeders will be open even when a
small blemish on their lines is revealed.

Cerrently information is coming from ferret show catalogs and hearsay data.
All breeders willing to supply information are encouraged to do so.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets