From:
Christine Belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:52:44 -0600
Hi guys, I've been thinking (ouch!)  heh.

About vaccines and things.  First, since I had Janice a distemper shot, but
then when it was time for her booster she was sick so I couldn't get it.
Can I get it now, or is it too late, and if it's too late, what should I do?

Also, my vet informed me that as for rabies vaccines, it is illegal to
vaccinate ferrets for rabies even with Imrab because rabies vaccines were
tested with ferret cells.  He said that maybe if they develop a killed one
that they might legalize it, but he's not sure.  He did say it was legal to
vaccinate your own ferret... but I'm not sure if I could give my ferrets a
shot properly.  But if I could, I don't like the idea of giving my ferts a
live rabies vaccine, anyway!

So then, since in order to fly your babies and take them to expos and things
you have to have proof of rabies vaccines, there's no way I can fly my boo
ferrets!  Or take them to see other ferrets at shows, or anything!  What do
I do when I move?  I mean, I have no immediate plans, but I'm only 21!  I
don't plan to live in a crappy apartment in New Orleans for the rest of my
life!!!  I MUST take Boo Ferrets with me wherever I go live.  This is pretty
important to me 'cause before I decided to get a fuzz-head I read and read
and read and daydreamed and everything and when I finally got Janice I knew
I would never give her up for anything.  Same with Puffo.  Can anyone tell
me where to get any info on this stuff?  Especially about the killed
vaccine.  And Lousiana law.

Ferrety smooch-hugs,

Christine and the Boo Ferrets