From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:56:44 -0700
Tootsie, our 9 year old long term resident or the Beveridge residence,
passed last night.  She went peacefully in my arms at 12:30 am.  She was
placed next to Arnold in the park area in our backyard.

We knew Tootsie was getting close.  She had a little difficulty breathing
over the last few months.  I guess she was just getting on in age.  I had
never been in the position to witness the last breath of a pet.  It was
very peaceful, and very quiet .

We felt a sigh of relieve when it was over.  A little saddness to be sure,
but really, what better way to end a friendship.  I can only hope my passing
is as pleasant.  I don't think Sharron will be allowed to put me in the
backyard with my friends.