Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:26:00 +0000
Sad to announce that Johnny Rotten, my infamous mouse-thieving ferret
from my "BUSTED!!!" video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28qew8QfTn0>
has passed away. He was only 4 1/2.

Less than a month ago he was at the vets for bloodwork. Everything
checked out fine. He wasn't showing symptoms of anything wrong I was
just getting all my older than 3 years old ferrets full bloodwork. He
started losing weight this last week and I was giving him "duck soup"
though he was still eating as much as usual. Yesterday he refused the
soup and wouldn't even lick straight chicken baby food (a fave treat
of his) from my finger. He just wanted to go back to sleep. And this
morning he was barely moving.

Brought him to the vet's as soon as they opened at 8 this morning and
they said he was very dehydrated and his temp was only 92. They put him
on an IV and were going to do bloodwork again but called me an hour
after I dropped him off to tell me he'd passed away. The vet said it
was most likely lymphoma. In a way I'm glad he went quickly and didn't
suffer but then losing them when it's least expected well I think the
reality of him being gone still hasn't set in. I keep expecting to see
his face looking up at me and when gathering the ferrets up tonight I
actually started looking for him. I guess I'm pretty much in shock. Or
denial.

I knew this year was going far too well. I hadn't lost ANY pets whereas
last year my two eldest (Andy and Oliver) who'd been on Pred for their
insulinoma for over a year both passed, Duncan I lost to lymphoma
suddenly and I lost Spooky the Persian kitty to PKD. Fate couldn't give
me a break - I guess I had to lose someone.

Farewell, Johnny Rotten. I'm sure I'll still be hiding my wireless mice
from you. As obsessed as you were with them I wouldn't be surprised at
all to still find them missing now that your gone. And I might just
hear you giggling at me trying to find them
http://www.ferretocious.com/johnny/johnnyandthemousestrip2.jpg.

Laura Holland

http://www.ferretocious.com