From:
Bill Mahoney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 1994 09:08:12 -0400
>This may be a dumb question, but the vet here said they'd be
>getting female distemper shots, whereas our literature says they were
>given canine distemper shots.

        Before I got my first ferret, I read quite a bit about them.  One book
I read most was the book at the pet store by some woman who seems to have the
book in pet stores all over.
        It said that ferrets are prone to both canine and feline distemper and
that they need to be given shots for both.  I'm not sure but I believe it also
said that you have to give the ferrets killed distemper and not just weakened
but I don't remember because my vet has ever since the first time when I asked.

Clint Mahoney
Nashville, TN