From:
Cynde Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:08:15 -0400
My Hercules is a full Danish Angora. His fur is 5 inches long. He
often gets mistaken for of all things a baby racoon or possum. He is a
siamease sable point. And with the long fur and the mixture of colors.
with is dark mask, he does resemble a racoon. He weights 4 1/2 lbs.
My baby Pandora, is much smaller though also a full Angora, with her
pointy face she gets mistaken for a rat Her coat has grown in yet, she
is only 8 mos old. She was buff colored but now is getting darker like
her uncle Herc. But her head is remaining almost white with the black
eyes and pointy nose, well you know. (Hercules is Pandora's full uncle,
his littermate is Pande's Momma.)

I have acutally had people say that he looks like a ferret but can't be
cause they never saw one like him before. I pretty much keep the kids
inside When I try to take the kids a walk in their stroller, but we
must be a sight, because people are always stopping us. When they see I
have ferrets, and I am pushing them in the stroller, I get real strange
looks. I tell them it is no different than pushing a dog in a stroller.
I think it is safer because they are protected from dogs that can jump
up and scare or nip at them. They love it. We travel and they get to
see new things and smells.