From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:37:07 -0700
Mornin' folks!  Its Melissa with Lost Ferrets.  Been seeing a lot of
missing and found ferrets posted about here!  I'm so sorry to all those
who've lost little ones!!  Please, any of you who have posted about missing
or found ferrets, feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to
help out, or visit the website and ad a listing!  Today I would like to
unveil the updated, sleek and shiny new Lost Ferrets website.  I redid
all the graphics, the color scheme, etc., and I must admit, it is looking
rather cool.  Got rid of all those clunky, colorful buttons and such and
went with a smoother, more subtle look.

Take a look: www.geocities.com/lostferrets

Let me know what you think!  Also, I have a few great ideas for the August
contest, but depending on how long it takes me to implement them, it may
end up being a September contest. :-)  As to the listings on the site, all
of them are older.  No new ones in the last many weeks.  Those of you who
have listings should have received an email from me regarding updating said
listings.  Again, I'd like everyone on the list to consider participating
in the Lost Ferrets Network, which is growing monthly.  Shelters, clubs, or
any other person or organization who is willing to help in recovery efforts
for missing ferrets in their area are welcome.  There is a participation
form you can fill out at the website, on the Network page.  I would also
like to invite anyone who would like to contribute articles or information
regarding what to do if you lose or find a ferret, or ferret-proofing tips,
etc.  The "What to Do" and "Ferret-Proofing" pages are slim.  In fact, I
currently only have one article, by Pam Troutman.  Thanks Pam!  As much
information as I can get is welcome.  I would, of course, edit for web
format any articles submitted, but would not change any contents without
express permission, and you would be allowed to view your article on the
web to ok its contents.  I know my weekly updates fell off for a while, and
for that I apologize, but I am back on the ball now, though my balance may
be somewhat precarious... *chuckle* I've been moving to a new apartment,
and my darlings are nosey as ever about all the places they shouldn't go.
Their daddy and I are separating, so I am expecting some separation anxiety
to set in any day now.  It has been four days since they saw their daddy
last.  I haven't noticed anything yet, but then again, they have been so
busy exploring their new home, that they may not have noticed his being
missing yet.  Although, in all honesty, he never really had much to do
with them to begin with, but I know they loved him anyway.  It will be
interesting.  To anyone who has gone through similar circumstances, any
recommendations are welcome.  I guess I should know this won't be easy,
that really goes without saying, but I would like to make it as easy on
the fuzzies as I can, and never having been through it before, I really
have no idea what I am doing.  Actually, that is my general sentiment at
the moment.  Heh.  So, there is lots going on in the world of the Weasel
Squad.  Anyway, take a look at the new and improved Lost Ferrets Site,
let me know what you think, submit articles, sign up for the network, and
please, anyone who can help me out with easing the separation from daddy,
get ahold of me.  Thanks to everyone!!

Melissa
www.geocities.com/lostferrets