From:
Lorraine Kozlowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:42:45 -0700
First of all, let me say that I enjoy reading the information that comes
my way on this site.  However, much of the information I scroll down past
because it is to depressing to hear so much about about sad stories.
Crossing over, sick ferrets, lost ferrets, dying ferrets, etc.  The happy
stories about smart ferrets and healthy ferrets and happy ferrets are few
and far between.  Reading the articles posted about ferrets intelligence
confirmed what us ferret owners already know.  My little guy was taught
to roll-over when he was a baby.  I can go 4 to 6 months before I think
to ask him but every time I do, he does it like he just did it yesterday.
Thanks to the articles about increasing mental stimulation.  Now when I
give him some raisins for treats, I place them in a little box.  He knows
whats in there and he has to figure out a way to get the box open to get
the treats.  The first couple of times we tried it, he look up at me
like, 'That was fun, do it again.' My guy is an only ferret and has the
run of the house.  I'll be sitting on the couch and all of a sudden he
will moving his toys around.  One toy gets dragged up the stairs to a
hiding place and other gets dragged down for a hiding place downstairs.
He is so cute to watch.  In the morning he might be sleeping under a
tee-shirt I leave for him on a fluffy bathroom rug.  I gently walk over
and call his name, he open his eyes, gives a big yawn and then he
snuggles and covers my face with little ferret kisses.  Happy stuff!
Lets all take a moment to think of all the joy and love they bring into
our lives.  The happy , fluffy, snuggle stuff that make us realize we are
blessed to have the little fuzzies in our lives.  Have a great day!