Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:23:56 -0400
I was wondering about any recommendations for the spring shot to help
adrenal prevention. I had thought there was a spring lupron shot that
could be done to help, and possibly a melatonin implant with it. But
reading the archives it sounds like it would only work as a monthly
shot.

My ferret Kodi has what to me are vague signs of adrenal (strong scent,
bigger belly with small "wasting" like hips, occasional aggressive
play, and hair thinning on his hind inner legs).

We had an ultrasound done but the vet didn't measure the adrenal glands
as requested (there was a greater surprise concern of thickend bowels).
We are following up on the bowels (he's been on pred since, and has had
a second opinion and waiting the recommended time for his next check up
which is coming soon). But I still am concerned of possible adrenal.

If we do the lupron prevention I would probably do the Tennessee Panel
beforehand as a double check incase he is adreanl, but I believe they
aren't always accurate.

Thanks for any info or thoughts about experience with using lupron as a
preventative measure.

Risa