From:
NEIL JOHN MCSHANNON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 17:39:04 -0500
I have been using the compressed newspaper litter with my little ones from
day one with much success.  I will never use anything else, however it is
difficult to come by.  I buy "Nature's Fresh" at PetsMart.  My boyfriend
just purchased the pine litter which is also compressed.  His 4 year old
ferret adapted to it very easily.  It turns into "sawdust" as your fert
urinates.  It is much easier, less messy, and much healthier for your fert.
I will continue to use the newspaper litter as my ferts have been successful
with it.

Just an update on "Josie's" parents new adoptee.  Come to find out, somebody
did call the apt.  manager stating they lost their ferret.  This person
really loves their fert but felt bad that he could not give her enough
attention and love.  He wanted to put an ad in the paper but was afraid that
she would not get a good home.  He now knows what a great home she now has.
She will be loved along with 4 other "siblings" and will have free run in a
small, completely ferret-proofed house.  Believe me, she couldn't of been
more lucky....

A response to the auction response from the gal who saw no problem with
auctioning live animals, let alone, pets.  This is amazing to me.  One of
the new ferret owners luckily called a ferret owner who supplied her with
her number and asked if it was okay if her new baby played under the stove.
Can you believe it??  I see a HUGE problem with auctioning animals to people
who otherwise would have had NO intention of bringing home a pet.  There was
NO info passed out and many people do not want to spend the time
"researching" their new pet..it's much easier to learn by experience...bad
as it may be.  Not everyone has as much common sense as you or I,
unfortunately..... The whole "aura" of the auction was degrading...holding
up the 3 ferts so everyone could see, and when someone bidded, they had 3
seconds to choose their companion.  No interaction time allowed.  Another
point, it is not a very good idea to aquire a pet if you know you will not
be able to afford proper medical attention....Even if it is a "free" cat or
puppy.....Just my opinion...Thanks for listening!

Jodi, "Peanut" and "Tyler" (Mom, pleaseeeeee open up your drawers so we
can hide and sleep!!)

| Neil McShannon                                           |
| MIS                                                      |
| [log in to unmask]       137.48.1.8             |