From:
"Carl V. and Shannon Newman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 00:25:33 -0600
Hello,
I've noticed a rush of letters asking for suggestions on bathing lately, I
E-Mailed my suggestion to one reader directly but decided that it might be
helpful to some other people too.  So here goes..... To keep our ferrets
(which just today became plural) from becoming an annoyance ( it doesn't
take much both my husband and I have sensitive noses) I find it necessary to
wash them every other day at least.  Normally you'd think that this routine
would dry their skin out, however I have found a shampoo that doesn't do
that.  It is called SensiCare and is put out by MYCODEX .  It is a puppy and
kitten shampoo for fleas and ticks, so it is extremely multipurpose.  I have
to buy it at the vet here although I think that Pet Smart chains carry it.
Its kind- of expensive ( $6.00 for a 6 fl oz bottle) but a little goes a
long way.  Also some people have mentioned ferretone(sp?) we use Linatone (
ours will take your finger off for it hence the surrenge(sp?) routine that I
mentioned in a previous post.) are they the same thing?

Well that is all for now hope this helps. Love to the fuzzies.

Merry Christmas from
Shannon and Carl ...the owned
Squirt... she's the head people supervisor
Lucy Fur... our new addition