From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 00:01:52 -0400
When I first joined the FML, Chere McCoy was preparing to leave on her trek
to Las Vegas.  I followed her progress and the encouragement of the other
members of the list with facination.  It was the first of many instances I
have read of the unity and support found in this group.  I know we have
thanked Chere for her contribution to the recent change the HSUS made in
their policy.  I also know that most of you know I lot more than I do about
what she has done with this and with her disaster aid work.

As you read yesterday, Chere has suffered a terrible fatal accident to a
couple of her little ones, followed by the loss of her job.  Her job allowed
her to do the disaster work, ferret shelter work, and HSUS work, and now
that is gone.  She has no source of income to provide for the shelter kids
and their medical needs or to pay the bills she already has for the recent
kids that came in.

For those of you who know Chere and/or her work, and who would like to
write to her to offer moral support or financial help ...

The Shelter Address is:
Ferret Friends of Indian River County International
8775 20th Street, Lot 614
Vero Beach, FL   32966

If anyone would like to help with her medical bills, they can send a
check directly to (and made out to):
Westside Animal Hospital
Attn:  Dr. Brenda Ernest
1795 10th Avenue
Vero Beach, FL  32960
Be sure to include a note that says it's for the FFIRCI Shelter Ferret
Medical bills.