From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:55:19 -0500
We are having some great warm weather so the 'bugs' are loose on the
porch. The really love the freedom out there. Pester was dancing on her
toe tips hopping and jumping and of course giving Peekaboo a tuff time.
Peekaboo is patient, very patient with her. I moved all kinds of wood
piles to a neat stack but had to ferret proof the whole thing so they
would not get into the wood box. If they got in there, there would be
no way to get them out except to empty the box log by log so I had to
make that box so they could not get into it. Pester has been able to
defeat me several times but this time I have her at bay, so far anyway.

It didn't take Pester a half minute to find the most accessible way to
get into that box. But what I had done so far has worked perfect. The
two of them are truly bonding to me deeply. They get very excited when
I go past the cage and 'beg' for a little TLC which of course I can't
pass by without shedding some on them. Pester get very relaxed in my
arms and lays her chin on my fore arm very content to just hang out
there. Peekaboo will stay in my arms as long as I will hold her, even
on long walks out in the woods. She will 'periscope' up now and then
to test the air but she stays calm and doesn't fidget to get down.

Yup! Ferrets are such great little aminals. Can't help but love them!

aarrow ranch Signature