From:
Moxie and Nexus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 04:18:17 -0400
I laughed when I read about the ferret trying to stash the chicken
carcass.  I have the champion food stasher, Nexus.  He stashes more food
than he eats.  He too likes baked chicken.  He mooches off our plates,
but when he has had his fill, he will stash pieces in the closet.  I've
found them all dried out.  One time I also found two whole pieces of
stale rum cake in the corner of one closet that someone had left out on
the table in a plastic bag.  I found the empty bag on the floor and threw
it out, wondering how a bag got on the floor.  I later found the cake.
I can't clean out the food stash if Nexus is around; he gets upset.  He
reminds me of a squirrel.  He hides food in shoes and even in his litter
box.  I've also found kibble in drawers and my pocketbook.  I think that
is why I had mice for the first time this winter.  Nexus was feeding
them.

--
Moxie and Nexus the moose, missing Chance