From:
"Newell, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 23:56:00 -0400
Hello everyone Daisy is still very sick.  She has mastitis as at post
yesterday.  The vet has incensed the amount of medicine he is giving her he
told me the name of what he is using now but I forgot.  The infection has
spread to four of her breast it started in just one this all came on very
sudden and travel quick her temp is down to 102 from 104.7.  She is not
dehydrated any more.  But she is still very lethargic.  My vet feels the
next 20 hours should decide her fate he can't increase her dose any more
than he already has and she is to week for any operation although he said a
operation would be very difficult to do anyway because the infection is so
wide spread.  It is all up to her at this point.  We miss her and so do the
10 babies.  They are eating and drinking though so they can live without her
we just don't want to.

                Tim and all the gang