From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 13:16:26 -0400
>I mentioned we had just recently obtained our first (2) ferrets, and he
>commented you should always have 3.  There were more ??  and people, the
>bird presentation started and I did not get a chance to ask him to explain
>further.  This comment has stuck with me, so I thought I'd ask those in
>the know.  I see by the signatures on this list that most have more than
>2..."

Hi, Ardith.  I was told this when we got our second ferret, too, but we
can't get a third at least until we move out of this apt.  The reason for
this is that if one dies, I guess the odds are pretty good that a lonely
second one will often die within a year of the first one, so if you have
three, if one dies, the others are not alone to mourn.  I heard this from
many other ferret owners, including a few shelters (and I didn't just think
they were trying to convince me to take more home, though I would have
loved to have taken them all!).

Dooks!

-april