From:
SuburbaKnight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 09:29:56 -0400
I continually read about and personally witness firsthand that many ferrets
in inhumane situations in retail stores are Marshalls ferrets.  I also
know that many of these retailers do not know the first thing about ferrets
(in it for the money) and rarely ask what buyers' knowledge of ferrets'
needs is.

Does Marshalls not have a review process of potential breeders?  Or do
they simply treat ferrets, as it seems so obvious to me, as commodities
and do not care what happens to them once they're out?

I'd really like to know if Marshalls does anything to review the
qualifications of potential ferret brokers.  The situation at Petco
brought this to a head, but it seems continually on-going.  Ignorance
breeds misery.  I've met 6 year olds with a more refined knowledge of how
to treat (and what not to do with) ferrets properly than most of the
"official" Marshall ferrets retailers.