From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 23:36:36 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick, or angeled furflumpies...

(Yes, they *do* flump...just watch them and think of the word!)

Stephanie Bass mumbled something about:
>My ferrets sleep in my nite stand; <SNIP!> However, I cannot get the
>smell out of the wood...(etc.)

Two options come to mind.

#1 Febreeze works.  Seriously.  Give it a shot.  You can also try
"Nature's Miracle", which is available at most better-quality pet supply
stores.  It comes in a bottle and you should follow the label directions
for use.  Excellent stuff.  (OK, where's my commission?)

#2 Line the inside of the drawers with newspaper (including sides and
bottom), then put snuggly stuff in the drawers.  They (typically) should
snuggle into the snuggly stuff and leave the newspaper alone.

For snuggly stuff, wear an old T-shirt or pajama set to bed for two or
three days, then put them in the drawers.  It helps with the bonding
thing!  :)

Now, there are two options for *that*, also.

#1 If you change the newspaper (provided they leave it alone otherwise)
about once per week, you will keep the odors from "soaking" into the wood
again.

#2 If you line the backside of the newspaper with plastic wrap, you can
pretty much guarantee that the smell will not get into the wood.

Also, you might want to check what you feed them.  The food they eat can
have a massive effect on the odors they produce.  A high-quality food,
such as Totally Ferret or Iams is much more digestible by your ferrets,
thereby eliminating such strong odors.  Treats can also have an adverse
affect on how they smell.  Choose better-quality treats, such as
Ferretone, Bandits Ferret Snacks and 8 in 1 Toob Snax.  Moderation is
also a good word to throw in, just to appease those that think ferrets
need to have limits set for them!  :)

Todd and the Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns

---
mailto:[log in to unmask]