From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 06:03:10 -0400

Whaddya mean, ya don't like vacuums??  My name is Shadow and I think Vacuums
are the coolest.  Mommy uses them in the ferret room and I'm the only one
that doesn't run when she turns it on.  That might have something to do with
the fact that I'm deaf, I guess it makes noise???  What's noise???  Anyway,
one day she was usin' the vacuum but it didn't have the big head on the end,
it was just the long sucky tube thing that she uses to get ferret food
crumbs from the edge of the carpet.  I walked over to see why she insisted
on taking the food away that I'd stashed so carefully at the edge of the
carpet, and she accidentally let go of the vacuum tube thing, and I reached
over to sniff it......ZOOOOMMMM!  My face got sucked into the end of the
tube!  At first, it scared me and I ran, but I came back.  Mommy was worried
about me, but then she just started laughing real hard.  So after that, I
like her to laugh, so I did it again.  ZOOOMMMM!  In went my nose.  The
suction isn't too hard, and it doesn't hurt (but don't do it to your fuzzies
if the suction is hard, they'll lose an eyeball :-D ) So then mommy realized
that it wansn't going to hurt or scare me, so she took the tube thingy and
kept puttin it to my face, and I'd stick my nose in, and ZOOOMMMM!  Clean
fur!  So then she took the wand and put it to the side of my belly, where
I've got long fur, and she went ZOOMMMM!  It tickled!  Soon she was runnin'
the thing up and down my body, with and against the lay of my fur, and I
just laid there, it was sooo cool.  Now everytime someone comes to the house
she pulls out the vacuum and shows how I'm so queer that I like being
vacuumed.

This Was Reason 6,583 why DEAF FERRETS are the COOLEST!  (Reason 6,582 was
that the deaf ferret was the only one that got invited to see the fireworks
on the 4th of July :-P )

Bye for now,
Shadow
(by way of)
Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady