From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 10:04:02 -0500
Nancy L. Silvernale wrote:
>his fur started growing back along his spine ... yellow???

First, just because the fur is growing back doesn't rule out an adrenal
problem.  Adrenal disease causes hormone imbalances which in turn cause the
hair loss.  The changing season also causes hormone changes, which can
sometimes "balance out" the adrenal-associated ones and let the hair grow
back for a while; but the underlying adrenal disorder is still there causing
other troubles, and chances are good that the hair loss will come back again
at the next coat change.

As for the yellow fur, I don't know exactly why, but it's not uncommon.  One
day we noticed a dime-sized scab on Rusty's back.  No idea how he got it,
but it healed nicely, and when that fur grew back, it was yellow.  Now that
he's shedding the patch is coming back his normal cinnamon/champagne color.

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>