From:
Gerri Himberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 02:40:55 -0800
I think that my New year's Resolution, for next years giving tree is
going to be to collect things throughout the year, as I could only
sponsor a few ferrets and there are so many left. I did want to let
everyone know that if you go to your local pet store, or feed store,
or whatever store you have which carries pet supplies, and ask for a
donation, tell what it is for-the giving tree ferrets- you may need to
coordinate with the shelter to get the company a tax point bonus, but
you may get them to donate after season items-Christmas, Valentines,
Easter. things like that, and things they have left which have been
pulled out of inventory, and clearance items. Know too, that like items
work fine for the kids- like ferretone and linatone work the same for
each other, or you can substitute the store brand if the ferrets like
it. Nutrical is interchangable, IF the ferrets will take the taste of
the other brands, so things like that, if you are not ordering off the
internet, can save money at the store, and when sending gifts, will
allow you to send more. Otherwise, just put a box somewhere and anytime
you pick something up at the dollar store the kids might like, toss it
in and at Christmas you will have a fine box for a few kids to have a
good holiday, and hopefully tere wouldn't be a Christmas with so many
left out again.

Also, for the 501c3 shelters- if you go to Petco and Petsmart, you can
sign up for their foundation money and the fundraiser drive monies for
part of the year will be donated to your shelter, depending on whatever
their requirements are. That is another way to garner donations.

Gerri