From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 15:32:48 -0400
While a little late on posting about the Cincinnati show, better late than
never, I always say....

Thanks to Rachel and everyone else who made the show such a success - we
hope to be able to attend next year, too! (as long as we have air
conditioning, that is...<g>)

It was great to meet so many people from the FML - whoever made those FML
name tags - good idea! I usually don't get out that far (being in central
PA), but we all had a wonderful time.

I have to take a moment to brag on two of my little girls - two "bad biter
shelter girls" that my husband, with his never ending patience and
gentleness, turned into little sweethearts.

Raisin' Cain was moments away from being put down for biting before she was
turned over to our shelter. She now gives us tons of ferret kisses and was
awarded Best Kit in Show.

Kelly (aka Bitch) is another reformed biter - she took first place in Alter
Ring 3 and that little girl deserves her ferret clock like no other.

Every ferret deserves their day and these two certainly had theirs.

>Peppy, the ferret with the crushed skull, from Linda Iroff, placed seventh
>in the handicap ring, and tenth in the shelter ring.  Not bad for a boy who

Jean - Better check Peppy's shelter ribbon, I think he did better than 10th
place (my Brandy took 10th <g>) and congrats on Bonnie winning first place
in Senior.  Way to go, Bonnie!

Congratulations to the other ferrets at the show - they were all winners!

Mary and the gang of 21.....

Mary McCarty-Houser
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
Director, Centre County Branch