From:
"www.Aarrow-Ranch.Com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 07:08:46 -0400
Yesterday I had written about Bud and his red juicy slimy poops.  (having
lunch??)..  As it turns out here is the story.

I bought a big bag of 8 in 1 Ultra ferret food.  None of my ferts would
touch it, just dig it out of the feed bin to the floor in a big pile
looking for something edible.  I complained to the company about this.
In turn, they apologized and sent about 4 pairs of small plastic bins of
their treats that look like smaller Hershey's kisses.  I had been feeding
them to the ferts, but only Bud would eat them too.

It was these treats that had upset his gutz so bad.  It made him have those
loose stools and red color as well as tremendous gas.  He must have been
in some kind of pain with all that gas.  He was shaking from fluid loss and
very weak.  Those treats almost killed the little guy.  The treats are not
red, but the dye in them when put through the ferret digestive tract become
red which is why it stayed red where blood would have turned black soon
after being exposed to air.

So, the lesson here is 8 in 1 Ultra is unfit for ferrets, the treats they
make also are unfit for ferrets as demonstrated by my experience.  Have
thrown it all out and now have raccoons out there passing gas.  Noisy
woods here......

Gordon, Byte-me, Nibble-ed, Kodo and Bud