Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 22:29:52 EST
I would first like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who responded
to my last post.  Unfortunately, I have been away for a while and have been
unable to send an update.  The news is not good.

My ferret is a 16 month old, male albino ferret.  He started losing his hair
back in October, and my vet decided last month it was time for surgery.  He
called me at work that day to tell me that my ferret has an adrenal tumor.
It is on the right side, not the left, so its inoperable.  He had staples
used instead of stitches, and I had to keep him away from my other fuzzy for
2 weeks.  He just got his staples out on Friday, and now the vet wants to
start treatment.  He gave me "liso something in capsule form, told me to
"shove it down his throat" and hope for the best within the next few days.
My vet is not one for his bedside manner, but he's supposed to be an
"expert" with adrenal tumors.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I have
been an emotional wreck since hearing the news.  My vet will not give me one
answer to hope for.  I've asked if he will die, and my vet answers "there
is always a chance."  I ask will the medicine work, and my vet answers "its
a lottery."  I've asked should I not do anything and hope for the best,
and my vet answers "up to you."  I know he can't tell me what to do, but
sometimes, it doesn't hurt to "beat around the bush" instead of hitting me
with this head on.

The reason for this long post is: Has anyone out there been in this
situation?  What do you do?  Any helpful suggestions?  I am sickening
scared, because I have to start him on the treatment first thing in the a.m.
and I don't think I can handle my baby fuzzy being sick right now.  If you
could see him now, you wouldn't think he had a thing wrong with him except
alittle hair loss.  Very playful and active.  I am so scared that this
medicine will take all of this away and make him sick.  My vet told me to
look for signs of "total collapse."

Any words of advice would be GREATLY appreciated either via post or personal
e-mail.

Thanks for listening and reading such a long post!

Dawn