From:
Cascade Ferret Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2008 15:55:07 -0700
Hello Ferret Lovers,

The Cascade Ferret Network got the following email on April 2nd about
a ferret missing from a trucker driving through Oregon. I told her I
would post the situation to the Ferret Mailing List.

"I'm writing on behalf of friends who lost their ferret on April 1st in
the Portland area. They are a married couple driving a truck in Oregon
and discovered that their long-time family pet was missing after
leaving Oregon. They stopped at two truck stops - Jubitz Travel Plaza
(Portland)and TA Travel Plaza in VDalls, OR. They feel that the ferret
was lost in one of the two places. Someone either took the ferret, or
opened the truck looking for something to steal and the ferret escaped.

They are having mechanical trouble in Wyoming and signals there are
poor for wireless computer and cell phones, so I'm doing the contacts
for now. I've contacted Oregon Humane Society who referred me to
Multnomah County Animal Control. I called them today and they have
no ferrets. I have placed a brief post on Craig'slist, and will give
them the numbers of local papers where lost ads can be placed.

Also, I'm in Michigan. The owners (Dan and Renee Cramer) are under
contract to take their truck to Ohio and don't know how soon they can
get back to Oregon. They are both concerned and Renee is frantic to
do anything possible to help the little guy (his name is Lucky).

He is very friendly and has lived all his life with people and dogs.
He would be in great danger from prey-driven dogs and other natural
enemies.

If you have any suggestions, we would be very grateful. Please email
if you can help, or call if you prefer.

Thank you,

Jackie Williams
517 974 6351

I have referred her to other ferret shelters in the area, but felt if
the ferret was found by another trucker, he could easily have been
transported out of state and could end up in a shelter almost anywhere.
We have been playing phone tag, but I asked for more of a description
and got a message that the ferret is a sable male, 3-4 years old. She
said one of his incisors is shorter than the others, but she didn't
sound too sure about that and I imagine it may be a canine since they
get the tips broken off so frequently.

Elayne Barclay
Cascade Ferret Network
Network Coordinator