From:
Mary McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:13:16 -0700
>I was wondering if anyone else had experiences with melatonin not
>working for their ferrets.  My Baby is going to be 7 years old this

I have implanted 20 ferrets in the last year and have had 1 show any
signs of improvement.  It took 6 weeks after the implanting for her to
regrow her coat.  However, the symptoms came back not quite 4 months into
the implant and when a second implant was done, there was no improvement
and symptoms continued to get worse.

I have had about 50/50 luck with Lupron.

Surgery, on the other hand, has been most successful overall and that is
what I usually do first.

Hope that helps!

Mary
www.ferretrescue.com