From:
Bruce Rein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 1994 01:18:10 -0800
Hello Everyone:

I just wanted to say, "thank you" for the very warm welcome I received
after my first posting to the FML!  I'm so pleased to have "met" so many
wonderful ferret folks and I look forward to reading your postings in the
future.

This month has been very busy as far as rescues go...we've taken in 5 since
December 1st!  None of these babies had been spayed or neutered <sigh>.
Needless to say, our vet is going to be busy next week :)!

I've been really lucky with this group of "orphans", I place 4 out of 5 of
them, in wonderful homes, before I even had time to schedule their
surgeries...however, the house is still bustling because I don't allow our
"foster babies" to go to their new "parents" until 10 days after their
surgery...(I'm an over protective "foster mom"!)

I have a question and I hope someone can answer it for me...does anyone
know who wrote _The_Rainbow_Bridge_.  A friend sent me this little story
after the death of my dear ferret, Nicki.  The story was printed on
newsprint so I imagine she clipped it from a paper but there was no
information on the clipping as to where is came from or who wrote it.  I
found this article to be very comforting and inspirational during an
extremely sad time.

I would dearly love to reprint _The_Rainbow_Bridge_ in my newsletter.  I
know it would help others who have lost their beloved babies.  I feel this
little story is so beautifully written and whomever wrote it deserves all
the credit. I'd like to ask the author's permission to reprint the article.
Please let me know if anyone has any clue as to who wrote
_The_Rainbow_Bridge_.

I wish all of you and your furry babies a very happy & healthy new year!

Tracey-Lee & Bruce
and
Our Ferret Family
Teddy, Bailey, Tristan, Tabatha, Sabastian, Oliver, Tilly, & Reilly
  Ferrets & Friends Club & Rescue
British Columbia, Canada