From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2010 00:24:37 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was sitting in her rocking
chair. My it was nice to be back home after the hectic visit with her
ermine cousins up north. And it was a blessing to be able to shed those
heavy fur coats and those muklucks that she had to wear on her feet (at
least that is what she thought they had called them). Here it was so
warm and quiet. But all of a sudden she heard a fluttering of wings and
then she saw Dexter fly through one window and just go right through
her cottage and out the other window. So she just got up from her chair
and went to her door and waited for him. And sure enough, there was
Dexter, the little boy courier, with a note in his paw. He said,

"SawaFewwet, you sure took your time getting back from your vacation.
I know the Boss was weally upset with you for being gone so long. But
anyway, a fewwet is cwossing the Bwidge and her mommy is wanting you to
meet her. So you best get busy. By this time, the fewwet is pwobably
lost or something. Is there anyone you want me to get?"

He handed me de note and I looked at it and told him to go on back
to the courier cottage. I sent Serena and Isabel to fetch the right
fuzzies and I headed for the entrance. I saw a little sable girl
waiting there. So I quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering and you will run on green grass forever. You will have
lotsa friends to play with. Did I mention de fun and games?"

She looked at me and said, "I wondered if I was gonna have to go find
someone on my own or if there would be someone here to show me around.
Geesh you took like forever. Oh wait, you did say I would be here
forever anyway didn't you. So I guess it didn't matter. Sorry about
that. Anyway, I am Siam and I belong to Mommy Debra. I don't suppose
you know her do you? She was very good to me and she told me that I
would be meeting friends here. Where are they anyway?"

I replied, "I apologize for being late. Things do come up. I have a
note from your Mommy. I don't know your mommy personally. You will meet
your friends in a little while. Not to worry yourself. And guess what
you will be getting your own pair of wings just like mine--well not
exactly like mine--yours will be special for you. They are so great
for flying about the heavens--beats hopping from cloud to cloud. So
if you will follow me."

Then we went down de garden path, but on the way, who should we see but
Pita, her sister and Heinz, another friend. Well, she knew her mommy
had not told her stories. Then we continued down de path to de Wing
House where de wings were stored. Heinz opened de door for us (he was
so polite to de ladies) and on de counter was a big box (of course).
Siam opened de box and took out de wings--Pink with lavender streaks.
Pita helped her put on the wings and Heinz adjusted her halo and she
ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection--my what a
beautiful sable fuzzy she was. (of course I am partial to sables).
Then she turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now."
Den I gots an idea.

So we went out de door and down de path to de Misting Pond. We sat
down beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw a vision
of Mommy. Siam got so excited she started waving and dooking with
all of her might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. I am with all of my
friends. I am a flutterby with pretty wings now and maybe one day
you will see me fly by."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped them with all of
her love and laid them on a nearby shooting star which was headed to
your house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed
there.

And so we left there and went down the road to their cottage where a
party was planned. I could see fuzzies running and out with platters
of food. I could hear music a-playing. Siam and Pita and Heinz were
chattering up a storm. I was invited to stay and have a bite to eat
and dance awhile. But mercy me, I had kits to look after and other
things to do, so I gave Siam a hug and told all a good bye.

So ended another greeting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter