From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:57:48 -0700
For everyone who needs a stiff dose of GOOD NEWS!

This is Susie Lee of the Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc. with some happy
news of our second week of a real Ferret Adopt-a-Thon.  Here are the
names of the happy ferrets who have chosen their new families over just
the last two days!  (These latest are from the regular pictured ads in
the classified section of our local newspaper and also from
recommendations of our own veterinary hospital (who knows we apply the
lager parts of the adoption fees to the veterinary medical bills and the
rest to the critters' supplies and medicines.  What's the "whoo-hoo"?!
We have finally gotten the vet bill paid up!  We're hoping that a buildup
in the animals' account after this will be for the next aviary for the
doves which will be needed by them, as the one we had put together in
1997 is getting into a rather delicate condition...the workers did not
use treated wood (yikes!), and for further medical bills for the elderly
and hospice-ferrets as they develop or come in.)

Galadrielle Blaze-Silver ("Gladdy"), and her best friend Glorfindel
ElfLord("Finndy")whose new parents were discussing naming their new
ferrets-to-be from among the characters of J.R.R. Tolkein's books, and
were both amazed and pleased at Galadriel and Glorfindel as were these
ferrets pleased right back with their new humans.  Then Rusty CaramelCoat
made good buddy-friends with the formerly lonesome ferret of his new
family!

and Then yet another family with a formerly lonesome ferret found each
what they were seeking with their newly adopteds,

Casper The Friendly and Wendy The Good.
Congratulations to all these fine ferrets and their new families!
(Wes is going to be going thru "empty-nest" syndrome, missing them all:)
here we still are, and also here are the still-waiting-to-be-adopteds....
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html