From:
Jerry Jackowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:41:46 +0000
Hello FMLers,

First I would like to thank each and every one of you who attended the
Ferret Extravaganza '99 show this past weekend.  Despite the crowded
conditions and the glitch in our newly developed scoring software, everyone
was patient and worked hard to help us get through and make this show a
huge success.

The show hall was booked long before we knew about our sponsor's support
and commitment.  Once we were told what and how they intended to advertise,
we knew we would be seriously congested and that the show entries would be
tremendous (450 judging entries).  Everything we did, from the use of the
carriers, to the attempted implementation of the scoring database, was done
in an effort to maximize space and increase efficiency.

The problem in the scoring database has been identified and is in the
process of being corrected.  When this database becomes fully operational,
it will allow faster input, less calculation mistakes, immediate ranking
and provide more information to the exhibitors.  As with all things under
development we expected some problems.  That's why the database was used as
backup system to the conventional scoring.  We will be working very closely
with L.I.F.E officials to make this development process complete and
successful.

Planning for next year's show is already underway and the space problem has
already been addressed.  A brand new facility in the Columbus area (2 miles
north of this years event) can provide us up to 34,000 sq.  ft.  if needed
and all on the ground floor.  We had 6,000 sq.  ft.  this year.

My sincerest apology for the delay and confusion during the judging process.

If you thought this year's show was big, wait until next year.  It will be
bigger and much BETTER!

Again, THANK YOU!

Jerry Jackowski
Show Coordinator