From:
Celeste Jacob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:06:50 -0300
>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Two ferrets killed at Petco in Aurora, Il.
>
>I just spoke with Mary from F.A.I.R.  Apparently about one month ago, one
>of her volunteers was in a Petco store and saw two ferrets in one of those
>aquariums Petco seems to like to keep the ferrets inaround here.  The
>apparatus controlling air and temperature was apparently broken...
>
>The shelter volunteer called the department of agriculture to get out to
>the store immediately..................... By the time they could get
>there-the ferrets were dead.  The heat in the aquarium setting registered
>at over 100 degrees.

Hi Lisette and all,

This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;(   I went to call them up and give
them a piece of my mind, but directory assistance said there is no ph #.
for Petco in Aurora, Illinois.  I had him give me nos. for Glendale
Heights and Lombard. (??)  He also said there's one in Wooddale, but I'm
not sure which is the right one.  So if you can get the # for that store
and want to give it to me, I'd be happy to call and rip her a new a--h---!
In fact, you might want to put it, as well as the address, on the list so
people can call or write letters of complaint (perhaps to the district or
headquarters office).  This person or any other who are responsible for
this massacre should NOT be allowed to keep their job!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up, Lisette!

Celeste, Dusty & Ferris
(The Dooks of Hazard)