From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 04:30:43 -0600
In yesterday's FML, someone asked if the results of adrenal surgery are
worth the effort.

Had you been with me tonight (Sat.), I would have happily let you hold and
"pet" our nearly totally bald Buddy.  You would have received the love
his kisses represent.  You would have been as thankful as Dee and I that
"petting" is no longer dragging a human hand over hairless dry skin.  In
fact, there is enough "fuzz" all over his body that your hand would have
thought it was the beginnings of a beautiful fur coat which Buddy hasn't
had for several months.  His color is beginning to be white again rather
than the pink his albino bare skin has been.

Oh yes, it's worth it!!!

It was Jan 31 that both his adrenal glands were removed - one being the
size of a golf-ball and the other the size of a small marble.

On another note, THANKS Bob Church, for the sensible posts regarding health
issues and aging.  I've hated to lose the company of furrfaces that have
lived with me and certainly wish they had lived longer.  That said, we
can't change the natural effects of aging.  We can only love them, accept
their love, and give them the proper nutrition, care, medical attention,
etc.  More than that is out of our hands.  Call it nature, Higher Power,
or whatever you believe.

John Gordon in Pekin, IL with Bill, Hillary, Leroy, BabyGirl and Hershey.
All thankful that Buddy is doing so well at Dee's along with Lucky, Jack
and Jill in Morton, IL.