Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:08:20 -0500
Hi all dis be SaraFerret.  De other day I didnt have much to do other
than watch Serena take her first slide down the otter's mud slide, and
den we was both muddy and so what's a mommy ferret to do-- course-- make
mudpies.  We was getting kind of tired and so we decided it would be
best to clean up and take naps.  First Quick dousing in water with much
squeaking-dry towel, ready to go.  Den I washes up and den Serena tried
to help and den we was all clean--popped Serena into my backpack and we
trotted onto our home.  Okay cozy and dry.  Curled up in my hammy.

Then my minds starts wandering back to some of the greetings I had
done over de years.  Oh wowsie, I remember the one where I met my first
blackfootie ferrets.  It mustve been when I had Isabel and I toted her
around in a front carry rather than a backpack.  I can remember de Boss
paging me to report to de bridge for s special greeting, one I had never
heard before.  I got to de bridge and couldnt see anyone over dere or
coming across.  I knew dat dey had to be around here

Okay, hhmmmm, where are dey.  Note hanging dere by de bridge says dese
are special ferrets--not like us regular old garden-variety ferrets.  All
of dem were killed by a idiot masquerading as a human being.  I still
couldnt see them.  Den I saw a couple of very timid eyes look up at me.

Hi Its safe I am SaraFerret, bridge greeter here to welcome you to your
new home.  Much chittering was going on--they dont dook like us here,
but of course they are wild.  Come on, ferrets we are all safe here.

Okay four paws and four eyes looked at me across de bridge.  Even from
that far away, you could see tears.  Okay well can we bring our kits
wit us.

Of course of course.  And I pointed to Isabel sleeping peacefully in
her carry pack.  Apparently that did the trick.  They trotted slowly each
parent carry three kits in their secret packs.  You could just see how
scared they were, shivering and tears and trembles.  Awww that really
gets to me.  The Boss even came down to meet them also to tell them that
life would be good for them.  Then He had to rush off for other bridge
business.

I introduces my self as SaraFerret-bridge greeter and my daughter Serena.
Oh my Mary BlackfootFerret said she is so cute.  Of course at that moment
Isabel in a great display of decency handed the little kits 6 little
stuffed toys dat she had put in de carry pack.  Hmmm what else does she
carry in there.  Well de kits really brightened up.  Little Isabel made
a great opening.

How long has your kit/daughter been here says Jimmy Blackfoot-- oh just
a few days-- she came across de bridge and no family so she adopted me.
Lots of de little ones adopt me but really only Isabel has been super
close to me.  I tells dem how Isabel came to de bridge after being trown
out of a moving car on de roads.  Some people are just not nice

Dey told me de horrible story of how dese idiots masquerading as humans
appeared at dere burrow and started to trow rocks and big sticks at all
of dem and daddy trying to protect dem and mommy digging even further
to save de kits, but no use--he just lined dem up and beat dem away.

I was sitting dere trying to figure out a suitable (dictionary again)
punishment for dat idiot.  I heard a voice from beyond Not to worry I
have a special place for people like that.  I knew that it would not be
a nice place.  You could see how proud Mommy and Daddy were of dere kits
and I told dem dat dere was a small colony of blackfoots further on--dey
usually like to hangs by demself and here we respects dere thots.  Well,
Mary and Jimmy Blackfoot look at each other.  Is it ok for us to spend a
while here--oh sure just to rest up I says.

OOPS!  Forgots to tell you.  We gotta get wings for all of you even de
little kits get wings and halos.  Okay our now large group trotted over
to Kit and Kaboodle also known as wing and halo house.  Do any of you
have special colors.  Well you pick, says Jimmy.  Okay--two adult wings
and haloes and hammies and four kit sized wings and haloes and hammies
I helped wit de kits and of course little Isabel helped too she says.
Oh when dey were dressed dey looked just like angels.  Beautiful even
prettier den dey choir angels.

ey asked if dey could stay with me until dey gots used to de place.
Sure whats a few more ferrets (thinking to myself--oh-oh where am I gonna
hang all dese hammies).  I asked dem if dey wanted a tour but dey said
all dey wanted to do was rest and wowsie when I got to my digs dere had
been lots of changes made--four more rooms added, decorated, etc.  (I
think Nanna put Mully to work, bless his little hammy head).  But dere
were nice carpets and all hammies were hung and new litter areas were
fixed.  And laid out on the table was our party, Pepsis, iced sweet tea,
and squirt cheese wit crackers--I could see their surprise at de food--
nots to worry I says-- ya gets used to it.  And before you could say
Ferret! dere was loads of musteys from everywhere piled into de place
with PARTY written all over it.  Well we wardanced and Isabel watched
all de kits and dey had dere little snacks.  And I thot to myselfs dat
dis was de best place ever.  After all dis remembering I drifted off to
sleep and was happier more now dat all was safe, and Jimmy and Mary
Blackfooties and dere kits were happy living between the blackfootie
colony and de garden-variety ferrets.

Dooks of love
SaraFerret