Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 2009 11:54:31 -0400
Alexandra,

I know just how your dogs feel.....

We did have the worst night of our year. Having just moved into our new
home we were informed that this neighborhood is able to see quite a few
firework displays. So we did not go out just stayed home outside. I was
in no way disappointed. The show was incredible. HOWEVER knowing full
well my brothers dog is also scared of load noises I took special
precautions to help with his anxiety. We placed him in a large metal
dog crate, covered it with a think blanket, and played claming music
load as to try a cover some of the sound. In the same bedroom was my
dog, Bear who could care less about all the noise.

I thought we were golden. I assured my very worried brother that all
would be fine and we set of outside. 30 minutes later I checked on
everyone and all was well.

ONLY one hour later in the middle of the show my brother went in to
check on the dogs.....

It was horrible. Chance, his dog, had tried to escape from the cage. He
tried pull the wire bars open and in doing so broke every one of his
teeth. There was blood everywhere and his tongue is all cut up. All is
canines are broken and the back teeth all chipped badly.

I had promised my brother all would be fine : " (

He came running out screaming for me. When I came in and saw what he
had done I all but lost it. We cleaned him up and placed him on my
brothers bed and layed with him while he shook for the rest of the
night.

He seems "ok" today, however I will be getting some aspirin for him.
Not much else to be done really. We will be fixing the teeth when I
gather the money. I worry its gonna cost a fortune.

I let chancy and my brother down. I should have been able to control
this.

I cried all night long.
--
Misty Hosier