From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 May 1996 22:20:37 -0400
Dayna,

I just read your posting on the little guy wanting to get down and play -
when his nubs do heal up, he will be able to play.  He may not be able to
run and jump much, but he will either devise his own way to manuver or you
will help him.  I just read a newsclip in Pet Life magazine about a
parapalegic cat who had a walker made for it - the same can be done to help
the ferret stand and manuver.  Or, let mother nature take it's course and
let him try to do it by himself - as I told you before, I have a footless
(one back leg) ferret and he just does not have a foot, but he uses that
stump and except slipping on the tile flooring a bit, he can get up, go
forward and back, and lives like any other ferret.

Animals don't look at what they have lost in life, they only look at how
they are going to live this present day - let the little guy try and make
his own adjustments.

BTW, if this fellow ever needs to leave you for his own safety, I'll pay his
air fare to come live with me.

Pam Grant
STAR* Ferrets