From:
FuzzieDad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 02:02:28 -0500
>I TRIED to keep my ferrets from being handled by strangers......they were
>in their own Plexiglas playpen or carriers with "Do Not Touch" signs.
>But, Bruno has that "Pick Me Up" pleading look in his eyes and loooooves
>people.  (He was an absolute kissy ferret-slut when he met a certain
>bearded FuzzieDad!!!)

Are you calling me a stranger Pam????

Anytime Bruno (the kissy face ferret slut) needs a home, you need look no
further.  What a little loveable ball of fur...

I haven't heard of any other sick ferrets from the show.

I do have some good news.  Rikita, the little albino that I was picking up
for Jessica.  Well to make a long story short, he has adrenal disease.  I
don't think it is too far advanced.  His new mom and his old mom are
working together to get him his surgery.  Yeah to Leslie and Jessica.  You
two are great, and Rikita is a lucky little boy to be loved by you two.

Now on to my opinion of the show.  I think it was very well organized and
went very smoothly.  Kudos to all involved.

I thought the show was a little slower than last year though.  I don't
mean the judging, I mean the guests.  There just didn't seem to be as many
people from the community.  The sales at all the vendors that I know, and
talked to, sales were down from last year.  The shelter that I help with
barely broke even.  Didn't seem that there were as many shelters with
fuzzies to place.  Nor did it appear that there were as many vendors, but
that may be due to the difference in the layout.

This year I finally got to meet Linda Shoemaker.  I have long admired her
art work.  I bought two pictures that she made for me of my last two rescue
babies.  They turned out even better than I expected.  I am going to try
and get a pic of them or scan them, some way to get them on the website.
They are really great.  Thanks Linda...

All in all I had a great time, even though at one point I thought we might
have to do CPR on Bob, cuz Kat hugged him so hard.  I think she was a tad
excited to meet the profamed Boob (I meant Bob) I also got some pretty good
shots of him that will be gracing the page I am making for the show this
year.  Enough said about pictures, I am in enough trouble about my ethics
for picture taking as it is.

The thing that I liked most about the show, other than seeing old friends
and making new ones, was the dedication to ADV.  We were graced by the
presence of Judy Gronwold and there were several of the vendors taking
donations for ADV research.  Julie Fossa even had a table about ADV and
the afghan raffle was an event in and of itself.

I will go again next year, but I bet I don't drive again.  I couldn't
believe Judy got tickets for $88 round trip...

FuzzieDad & The Blurry Furrys
http://www.geocities.com/fuzziedad
Rascal,Treble,Cocoa,Moose,Screech,Hanna,Casey,Havoc,Rainbow,Dodger,
Squeeky,Midge,Taffy,Blizzard,Missy, & Grizzly.
Never forgetting Loki, Spaz, Sampson, & Charlotte