From:
Justin & Deana Beek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 06:17:22 +0000
>It has been documented with domestic dogs, that if you feed them raw meat,
>they will be more aggressive.  Just ask someone who trains pitbulls for
>fighting (not something I endorse, but have read too much about).  These
>dogs are fed raw meat, kittens, and small puppies to bring out the
>aggressive behaviour in them so when they end up in a backyard fight,
>they only want to kill.
>Does this mean your little ferret will be taking on the neighborhood dog
>if you feed it live mice?

No offense meant here, but I find this argument quite humorous myself.  I
believe the key word here is "TRAINS".  Animals are not more agreesive
because of the food you feed them.  Everyone is entitled to their own
opinion, but if you encourage aggressive behavior you get agressive
behavior.  Pets are alot like children in that you have to teach them
what is acceptable behavior and what is not.  It is clearly stated...just
ask someone who "TRAINS" pitbulls for fighting.  If it were truly the food
that brought out the aggression then the animal wouldn't need TRAINING to
be agressive and only want to kill.

I personally have supplemented my chows diet with raw meat and have fed my
ferrets meat also.  I don't walk around with agressive pets attached to my
limbs, nor has it ever brought out an agressiveness in my pets.  I have fed
raw meat right out of my hands and guess what?  I still have all fingers
attached.  :-) And no, my ferrets don't take on the dogs because they are
fed meat or things other than just kibble.

-d-