From:
Sherry Brosmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:13:26 EST
My albino boy, Klondike, (my first ferret) recently turned 4 yrs. old.
His tummy became tight like a drum and turned a slightly purple color.
I had him in for surgery yesterday and the spleen they took out will be
biopsied.  The dr. said he bled a lot more than he should have..  and
that the rest of his organs looked good.  I am a bit confused.  I was led
to believe that cancer being the culprit of the spleen enlargement was a
pretty high possibility, but nothing is sure until the tests come back.

I have 8 other ferrets.  I have had several surgeries before for adrenal,
but this is all new to me.  What can I expect and or hope for?  Has
anyone else been thru this?  He is such a special boy.  I know they all
have to die eventually, and their time here is so special.  He has
brought such happy times to my life, and he is trying to be a trooper,
but the surgery seems to have taped him greatly.  (I guess any surgery
will, but it seems so different from the others)  Any info and help in
this area would be so greatly appreciated.  I am taking this much worse
than my albino boy seems to.  <smile>  darn those human feelings and
emotions..