From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:58:24 -0400
>Now I am seeing that his cagemate, Lucy, is starting to thin at the nape
>of her neck the way Toby did!  I can see the wrinkles of her nape the way
>I first noticed Toby.  Am I losing my mind, or could this be happening
>again; and to his cagemate?  Are there any studies on this?  Also, Lucy
>has insulinoma; if she is adrenal, what

Certainly his cagemate can develop it too, but whether it's because they're
cage mates is doubtful.  More likely it's just coincidental timing.  From
my point of view, insulinoma as well just makes surgery more and more the
right choice, as my preferred method of treatment for both disease is
surgery if at all possible.  Complications should be minimal in an
experienced surgeons hands.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.