From:
Darrell J Christofferson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 1994 01:52:00 EST
My wife and I joined the FML not long ago and have learned a lot and have
enjoyed the stories/information greatly.  We were given our ferret "Bandit"
about a year ago, one of the contractors who was working on our new home had
poor "Bandit" caged up in a very small cat kennel in the back of his
pick-up.  He had to remove Bandit from his apartment because his landlady
was very afraid of a ferret!!! (I wonder what she thought he would do?)
Anyway, Miles was going to give him away to someone who would take care of
him....well my daughter (age 8) took him in and happily we have gained a
delightful addition to our home.  Bandit did play a little rough at first,
but my wife was very patient and tapped him on the nose when he would bite
too hard.  He soon learned and now hardly ever bites, except of course in
playing, but never very hard.  He also seems to have learned what "no"
means, if he did something wrong, we'd tell him "no" and put him back in his
cage (a really big dog kennel we keep on our den).  He would rather be on
the loose, but there are times when its much better for all concerned that
Bandit is in his "house".  He likes to eat cat food (we tried kitten chow,
but he snubbed his nose at it), he also likes grapes, rasins, apples (but
leaves the peeling) and Trix cereal!  My daughter takes him outside for
walks, so we bought a small kitten harness which works well, but have just
obtained a ferret "leash" which is much lighter and Bandit seems to not mind
so much.  We only put the leash on when we are really going to take him out,
so by now he knows that he will get to go out when he puts it on.  Bandit is
a Siamese color and a very handsome thief.  We look forward to reading the
FML everyday, so thanks to everyone that has taken the time to send
something in.  Happy New Year to all from Bandit and Family in Montana!!