Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 15:14:44 -0700
This may not be much to those with calm ferrets...but....
I've just petted Tavi, as he lay half asleep with Joker.... 14 months after
we got him as a 10-12 week old kit!

Tavi is a 'Real Canadian' ferret, a silvermitt male, who had me bloodied
just playing with him thru the cage, before we purchased him, and brought
him home!

48 hours after we brought him home, I had just about every finger bitten!
I seriously thought I'd made a BIG mistake in bringing this guy home....
but, we figured no one else would even try to understand him, so we
resolved to eventually overcome him with niceness....

He proceeded to ventilate just about every finger and most of the
fingernails of me and my wife, over the first few months!  We never hit
him, or thumped his nose!  But we do feel someone in his short life before
we got him, had!!!  Any movement of a hand toward him, or especially his
head, would end up in us in the bathroom applying bandaids (or more!)

We never 'trusted' him around anyone visiting, and, he considers himself
the 'Alpha' male of the 15 here...so he has seperate playtime from whoever
is new...and as he was ferret #3, and is now 1 of 15, you can see he's had
to adjust ALOT!!!!

He always ended up caged if anyone came over to see the 'Weezils'....which
certainly didn't help!

He still is our 'Special Ferret' and we'd still be very leery of having
him out with anyone but us.....but, progress is SLOWLY being made!

We've got just one more to go....the newest one...Halley, a deaf blaze
female (FFF farms?) that must still be seperated from Tavi (as she is not
quite big enough...yet!)

That's it from us.......The 'Yakimaniacs'
Riki, Tiki, Tavi, Chuckles, Pansy, Clover, Rose, Jester, Joker, Lily,
Jasper, Frosty, Stoney, Holly and little Halley