From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 09:56:25 EDT
Hi I have had ferrets since I was nine... and never had a true "chewer" til
now.  My little girl is about 8 weeks old or so (it is hard to tell ...she
is veryyyyy petite, and tiny for her age it seems).  She seems to have her
adult teeth....milk teeth are gone.  Yet she chews compusively.  She is
chewing her litter pan to pieces, chews on the metal water nozzle, I have
toys, and towels in there for her to chew.  I gave her cheweasils for a
while til I found she could actually eat one whole one in just an hour or
so.  So then she wouldn't eat good food.  I have her weaned to dry foods
early so she can get more chewing out of it ya know?  sigh I let her out
and she chews on other ferrets ears while they sleep, and worse... chews
up an electrical cord in no time.

Why is she like this...how can I satisfy her... how can I stop her
dangerous behavior?

Wolfy
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/