From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 1995 07:28:26 -0500
Bill and Diane Killian wrote:

>After all that.  There isn't really a difference between a silver mitt and
>a sable mitt.

I was under the impression that mitts is a pattern and silver is a color.
I have a cinnamon mitt ferret - classified that way because he is a light
- scratch that - classified that way because his feet are a lighter
cinnamon that this legs.

In my mind, saying there is no difference bewteen a silver mitt and a sable
mitt is like saying there is no difference between a silver and a sable.

I always though a silver mitt was a silver ferret (black hairs mixed with
white) with mitts (white feet).  I can't say that I've seen a sable mitt
but I have seen sables with white feet.  To me, the sables with white feet
are different in that their white feet look more that a cat's socks.  The
markings have been very distinct and the fur is sleek.

On my silver mitts and my one cinnamon mitt, the darker fur on the legs
seems to fans over the mitts and the mitts appear to come from underneath
the darker hairs on the legs if you can understand what I'm trying to say.

This was not the case with the white-footed sable I saw (he was absolutely
gorgeous I might add - MFF in a pet store).

I know there are color differences between some major groups, but am I
way off on this???

Pandas and mitts are patterns, so you can have silver pandas, cinnamon
pandas, silver mitts, cinnamon mitts, sable mitts, etc?

BTW, the 2 shows Duss-T was in were LIFE shows but he was categorized
cinnamon mitt in both shows.

Please explain!!

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA