From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 21:28:17 -0400
I have family visiting and discovered something quite disturbing.
Fortunately, it wasn t a weird family secret this time, but it was just
as frightening.

I found out that the old house my brother is redoing has a weird feature.
It turns out that in older houses, that people would have a thin, coin
like slot cut into their wall right at or in the medicine cabinet in the
bathroom.  Then, when a person used up an old straight razor for shaving,
they could dispense it into that hole in the wall.  The razor would then
just fall into a place behind the wall and no one had to worry about coming
across old razors in the trash.  The reason this is so interesting is
because when my brother tore out the wall to redo his bathroom, he found a
stash of old Gillette straight razors in the wall about a foot high.  Can
you imagine how many razors that is?!?!?

Here s my worry.  What if you live in an old house with this type of
feature and you have ferrets?  Keep that in mind if you ever buy a
fixer-upper or if you live in an old house and didn t know about this.  I
have read a story or two on the FML about people losing their ferrets in
the walls for a day or two and that scares the hell out of me.

April "LOVES" Ferrets

L una
O rion
V enus