From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 22:54:18 -0500
This morning at 7:30, Pookie Bear lay quietly in my arms and breathed his
last.  He fought the inevitable up to the end, as he struggled for his last
breaths.  We knew the time was getting close, and all of the ferrets as well
as Duckling, Mr. Duck and I were able to say goodbye with kisses and tears.
He was a peacemaker and a gentleman.  He will be sorely missed.

We are still fighting the ferret flu here.  I went back to the vet today to
pick up more antibiotics.  They didn't even question- just asked me what I
wanted and how much.  Molly is doing much better, but Princess Pinky is
still about the same.  Eating and drinking, but just wiped out.  I continue
to give her a little extra sub-cu hydration daily.  Pedialyte in all the
water bottles, antibiotics for all, whether they are synptomatic or not at
this point.  The only one who seems to remain completely untouched is Miss
Grace.  Even the babies seem to have a mild case of it.

Thank you for all of your well wishes.  I'm just glad that Pookie Bear was
not in pain, and was able to die peacefully at home with his loving family
around him.  A much more dignified way than in the cold sterile vet office.
I know that we will meet again at the Rainbow Bridge, and take solace in
that.

-Mrs. Duck