From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 13:38:51 -0500
We just rescued a 2 year old boy this past weekend.  He's such a sweetie I
can't believe it.  I've always been envious of those who say their ferret
snuggles because I've never seen one that could be held for more than 30
seconds or so.  Well, I finally got a snuggler.  He'll crawl up the couch
and get right in your lap and go to sleep.

His name was "Ferret."  What can I say, the original caretaker had no
imagination.  I also adopted a doberman once whose name was Dobi so I guess
there are a lot of unimaginative people out there.  For now he has no name
since we need to find one that fits, but that's another topic.

On to the point of this post...  His left lower canine is comes out at a
slight angle.  The end result is that a pocket to receive it has formed in
his upper, inner lip.  He eats well and appears quite healthy and  it
doesn't seem to bother him, but I'm still concerned.  Has anyone dealt with
extraction of  this tooth?  I understand that the possibility exists of
breaking the jawbone during the extraction.

He's going to our vet this Saturday for a complete check and vaccinations
(he's never been to the vet in his life!) and would like to go armed with
others' past experience in this regard.

  Mike