From:
William Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:42:58 -0500
Hi Folks,

HELP!!!!  I have had Salem for 7 months.  He has been about 90% accurate
with the litterbox in the cage until now.  Enter in 2 new fuzzies, Faye
and Bandit.  They seem to use the litterboxes all the time.  However, I'm
starting to get poop piles in the opposite corners from the litterboxes in
the cage.  I thought maybe the new kids wanted them in a different spot so
I clean the mistake up with vinegar and put the litterbox over it.  Then
they start going to the corner where it was originally.  I clean that up
with vinegar and move the litterbox back.  They start using the wrong
corner again.  So I said fine, I cleaned the whole cage real well, washed
the bedding as they had gone on it and cleaned everything.  I then put the
litterboxes back and surrounded them with the fresh bedding.  They started
going in the wrong corner on the bedding!!!  Now I'm not happy so I think
they don't like to mess in their food.  So I clean everything, wash and
replace the bedding and then in the corners without litterboxes I put food
dishes with fresh food.  I get up the next morning and what do I find?!?
They haven't used the litterboxes at all and have pooped in the food
dishes in the "no poop" corners!  Filled them up as a matter of fact.
I'm at a loss.  I understand territory and all that but its a 4 story
cage with every kind of bedding and sleeping hammocks you can imagine.
They don't do this on the sleeping levels, just the 2 levels that have
litterboxes.  Any ideas?  I'm to the point of getting some tiny little
corks and........we you get the picture LOL.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Regards,
Hawk & Patrick,
Salem, Faye & Bandit the "poopy" ferts
Pyewacket the cat
and Smokey the African Grey

Blessings to all animals great and small and those of us who love and
adore them.