From:
michelle trocine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:15:13 -0700
Just thought I'd let you all know that I spoke to someone from Natures
Recipe today.  They told me that they changed their poultry suppliers and
this was the only change.  Same ingredients.  This was the reason-they
confirmed of the darker color/smell/appearance.  Now I don't want to sound
like an idiot but chickens all look pretty much the same color to me-unless
it's the quality of chicken being used.  All I know is that-I told the
woman I spoke to-I offered to my ferrets some of the old batch and some
of the new and they preferred the old.  I smell the two and the new has a
stronger smell to it.  Is there a way for me to ask the Natures Recipe
People if they are using cheaper chickens-lower grade product-where they
will answer truthfully.  I asked why they had changed and was told that it
was supply and demand(BS to me).

Also, anyone reccommend some other foods for my ferrets.  I have one very
picky ferret who will not touch totally ferret-if I try to mix even a
little bit of food he goes on a hunger strike-and begs at me for his food.
He really doesn't like anything with fish-that's why the Natures
Recipe-Mostly chicken.  I'm his fourth(and last home)-all I can guess is he
wasn't fed very well with the state I recieved him in-probally cheap cat
food.  Moneys no object-I've tried Innova-my others ate it but this ferret
wouldn't eat that either-I was happy just getting to eat any high quality
food.

Michelle and the four fuzz butts